A storm has hit your property… low hanging limbs are making it a challenge to mow… you’re ready to start using firewood to heat your home… for one reason or another, you’re in the market for a chainsaw. Choosing the right chainsaw can help ensure you get the job done quickly, efficiently, and safely and we want to help you pick the best one for your job.
With over 40 STIHL models to choose from, you have a lot of options. But by using these five considerations you can quickly narrow down your choices.
1) Size of job – STIHL offers a wide range of saws, designed for different-sized jobs. Our chainsaw selector can assist you in matching a specific saw to your needs. Remember that if you feel the job might be beyond your knowledge and experience, hiring a professional will be your best choice.
2) Type of job – Are you trimming limbs? Felling a tree? Cleaning up storm damage? STIHL not only makes over 40 models of chain saws, we also offer several types of guide bars and cutting chains.
3) Frequency of use – Should you only need your saw for occasional limb removal or light felling, one of our homeowner saws may be enough. However, if you require more significant cutting on a regular basis, you may want to check out a mid-range model.
4) Source of Power – STIHL offers gas-powered, electric and battery-powered chain saws. Choose your saw based on your requirements for mobility, ease of starting, weight, as well as initial and ongoing costs.
5) Number of Options – As a leader in chain saw technology innovation, STIHL offers a variety of value-added options that can provide enhanced performance and additional comfort. Some of these features include STIHL Easy2Start™, automatic bar and chain oiling, and the quick chain adjuster.