For years, the legendary Boss name has been synonymous with premium quality at an affordable price with the power to get the job done. The STIHL MS 251 WOOD BOSS® and
MS 271 FARM BOSS®, two of the most popular STIHL chain saws, are ready to step up and bear the Boss title.
Packed with innovative features, these two hardworking saws have the power and performance features that our customers want, at a price point that fits their budget. Both provide high performance and are built in America*.
MS 251 WOOD BOSS®
Packed with 45.6 cc of legendary STIHL quality and dependability, the MS 251 WOOD BOSS® makes work go faster so homeowners can move on to the next project on their list.
- Ideal for applications like felling small trees, pruning, thinning and cutting firewood
- Boasts up to 20 percent better fuel efficiency** and saves money at the pump
- The pre-separation air filtration technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter extending filter life up to five times longer
MS 271 FARM BOSS®
The 50.2 cc MS 271 FARM BOSS® is a true powerhouse, taking charge when it comes time for farmers, rural landowners and tree farmers to get down to business.
- Ideal for applications felling, cutting firewood and storm cleanup
- Produces 50 percent lower emissions, reduces fuel consumption and delivers up to 20 percent longer run times on a tank of fuel as compared to similar traditional 2-stroke STIHL chain saws
- A compact design provides optimum control when working
- An advanced anti-vibration system provides comfortable operation and reduces fatigue
If you're considering purchasing a new STIHL chain saw but aren't sure which one best fits your needs, check out our How-To series video on selecting the right chainsaw.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.